Volunteer Registration and Background Check
There are several steps to working with children and youth:
1. Read the Child Protection Policy here.
2. Fill out this application form: Follow the onscreen prompts to complete and submit your Background Screening Authorization. A background check is a mandatory requirement for ministry volunteer involvement with First Presbyterian Church. Be prepared to list three previous addresses, references with contact information, and previous employer information.
3. Training: The training session is a 1-hour mandatory session to learn about our Child Protection Policy. Please RSVP to attend. Childcare is available with at least 48 hours’ notice. Contact Judy Brooks to register and arrange for child care.
4. Approval: It will take 1-3 days to complete your background check. Unless you hear otherwise, presume your background check is complete and you are now ready to volunteer with our children and youth.
Upcoming Training Sessions
- Sunday, June 3, 9:30 am, Library
To sign up, please call Judy Brooks at 937-653-4225 or email judybrooks(at)ctcn.net.
Information About Child Protection Policy
The Session of First Presbyterian Church has adopted a revised Child and Youth Protection Policy. We are committed to providing a church environment that is safe for children and youth and that will protect them from any abuse when they are involved in church-related activities. FPC adopted the policies and procedures not only to maximize safety and prevent child abuse within its church community, but also to guide and protect volunteers and employees from unwarranted allegations of child abuse.
The child/youth protection policy applies to all employees, volunteers, and any outside groups that may lease or otherwise use FPC’s facilities. Employees and volunteers are required to attend child/youth protection policy training and undergo background checks. Session members, other church leaders, and parents are strongly encouraged to attend the training. Policy training is provided at various times and each session is one hour.
Please contact Judy Brooks to register and arrange for child care. Child care is available during training with at least 48 hours notice.
Download the Policy here.